To change the location of the backup folder on a Mac:
- Create the folder you want to use. This can be on the computer's hard drive, a cloud storage synch folder, an external hard drive, a USB stick, a network drive or some other storage device;
- Open Final Draft;
- Go to the Final Draft menu at the upper left and choose Preferences (macOS 12 and earlier) or Settings (macOS 13 and later);
- Choose the Autosave/Backup tab. You'll see the current backup folder and under it the Select New Folder button. Click this button;
- From here, navigate to the new backup folder and choose it;
- OK your way back to the script and and now all backups will be directed to the new backup location. If Final Draft is backing up to an external storage device, be sure it's connected.