1. Click the Start button and type the words "Final Draft;"
2. Right-click that menu item and choose Uninstall;
3. From the list of installed programs, choose Final Draft and click Uninstall;
IF YOU HAVE FD12 / 11, SKIP STEPS 4 - 6. THEY ARE FOR FD10 / 9 ONLY.
4. Click the Start button and type the word "Fonts;"
5. Choose Preview, Delete or Show and Hide Fonts;
6. If you see the Courier Final Draft font, delete it (on the toolbar, click Delete);
7. Click the Start button, type the words "File Explorer" and choose that;
8. Navigate to This PC > Local Disk C > Program Files (x86) and locate the Final Draft 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 folder;
9. Check to make sure that there are in this folder no scripts or other files you need. If there are, move them elsewhere.
10. Delete the Final Draft 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 folder (right-click choose Delete);
11. Click the Start button, type the words "File Explorer" (without quotes) and choose that;
12. Open the View menu;
13. and towards the right check the box for Hidden Items;
14. Navigate to Local Disk C > Program Data and delete the folder labeled Final Draft;
15. Navigate to Local Disk C > Users > your user name > App Data > Roaming and open the Final Draft folder. Delete the folders labeled Data and English (United States). DO NOT delete the Backup folder.
Next, you will delete the Final Draft registry key.
IMPORTANT: THE SYSTEM REGISTRY IS A CRITICAL AREA. FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY.
- Quit any programs that might be running and go to your Desktop;
- Click the Start button and type the word "regedit" (without quotes). Choose that item and the Windows Registry Editor will come up;
- Click to expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER;
- Click to expand Software;
- Highlight the folder named Final Draft;
- Press Delete on your keyboard;
- Click Yes when prompted to confirm the deletion;
- Also under HKEY_CURRENT_USER SOFTWARE delete the FLEXlm License Manager;
- Exit the Registry Editor.
Final Draft is now completely uninstalled from the system.
You can download the current Final Draft installer from HERE.
NOTE: Activation service for Final Draft 9 has been discontinued and this version of Final Draft is no longer activatable (or re-activatable) to run in full mode on any computer. The program will continue to work but only on a computer that is already activated and only if nothing is done to the computer that will deactivate it (such as an OS upgrade or a replacement hard drive).
Technical support (phone, chat and email) for Final Draft 9 and older is no longer available. The installers are no longer available.