Please watch this video
or follow these directions for rebuilding a corrupted script:
- Go to File > Export (in FD12 / 11 the command is File > Export Document / Script);
- Direct this window to save the file to the Desktop;
- Change the file name to something simple like bob;
- Change the Save As Type menu (Windows) or the Format menu (Mac) to Plain Text;
- Click Save;
- Back at the original script, go to File Close;
- Go to File Open;
- Navigate to the Desktop;
- (Windows only) -- change Files of Type to Plain Text Documents;
- Double-click bob;
- Open the file as "Script";
- The script will be imported as a new, untitled document;
- Go to File > Save As and name this file something different from the original -- we recommend adding today's date.
Use this new file as the master. You still have your old file but you shouldn't use it anymore.
If you find that blocks of text are misformatted, see I imported a script from Word (or another program) and it's all messed up. How do I get it back in shape?