Any script that is currently NOT under option (or contract) is eligible to enter the contest. If a pre-existing option has expired, you are able to enter.
Articles in this section
- Would you accept a screenplay that is an adaptation of a published book, where the writer has contractually optioned the movie rights to the book?
- Do I retain the rights to my screenplays and teleplays after submitting to the Big Break Contest, whether or not I win?
- I forgot to delete my personal information from the title page. What do I do?
- I accidentally entered twice! What do I do?
- How do I remove my personal information from the title page?
- Can I submit my script via mail?
- How can I be sure my script will not be plagiarized?
- Is it possible to submit an adaptation of a novel that no longer has copyright (author deceased over 100 years ago)?
- Can I submit images, audio, or accompanying documents along with my screenplay or teleplay?
- Can I submit a screenplay or teleplay that was previously under contract but the contract has elapsed?