- If Final Draft is open, close it by pressing Alt + F4 on the keyboard;
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program;
- In the Uninstall or Change a Program window, click Final Draft (verify that it's FD10/FD9 that's been chosen from the Version column at the far right) and click Uninstall;
- Go to Start > Control Panel and in the Search Control box at the upper right type the word Fonts;
- Click Preview, Delete or Show and Hide Fonts;
- You may or may not see the Courier Final Draft font. If you do, delete it; close the Fonts window;
- Click on the File Explorer icon (usually at the bottom left of the screen);
- Go to Organize Folder and Search Options > View tab and check the box for Show Hidden FIies, Folders and Drives;
- Navigate to Local Disk C > Program Files [or Program Files (x86)] and locate the Final Draft 10 / 9 folder. Check to make sure that there are in this folder no scripts or other files you need. If there are, move them elsewhere. Delete the Final Draft 10 / 9 folder;
- Navigate to Local Disk C > Program Data and delete the folder labeled Final Draft;
- Navigate to Local Disk C > Users > your user name > App Data > Roaming and open the Final Draft folder. Delete the folders labeled Data and English (United States). DO NOT delete the Backup folder.
Next, you will delete the Final Draft registry key.
IMPORTANT: THE SYSTEM REGISTRY IS A CRITICAL AREA. FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY
Quit any programs that might be running and go to your Desktop.
- Go to Start Search;
- Type regedit and select it from the list above. The Registry Editor will come up;
- Click on the arrow next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER;
- Click on the arrow next to Software;
- If you have previous versions of Final Draft installed, click the arrow next to Final Draft to expand it;
- Right-click on the folder labeled 10.0 and left-click on Delete;
- Click Yes when prompted to confirm the deletion;
- Also under HKEY_CURRENT_USER SOFTWARE delete the FLEXlm License Manager folder;
- Exit the Registry Editor.
Final Draft 10 is now completely removed from the system.
You can download the current Final Draft 10 installer HERE.
NOTE: Activation service for Final Draft 9 has been discontinued and this version of Final Draft is no longer activatable (or re-activatable) to run in full mode on any computer. The program will continue to work but only on a computer that is already activated and only if nothing is done to the computer that will deactivate it (such as an OS upgrade or a replacement hard drive).
Technical support (phone, chat and email) for Final Draft 9 and older is no longer available.