1. Right-click a script file icon and choose Properties;
2. Click Change;
3. If Final Draft is one of the choices, click it;
4. If Final Draft is not one of the choices, click "Look for Another App on this PC," navigate to C: Drive > Program Files x86 (or Program Files, if there is no x86 folder) > Final Draft 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 and choose the Final Draft executable file;
5. Place a check in the box marked "Always Use this App to open FDX files" so that all Final Draft files will open with Final Draft.
- Right-click or Control+click a script file icon;
- Choose Get Info;
- Expand the Open With section and choose Final Draft from the dropdown. If Final Draft is not one of the choices on this list, click Other, navigate to Mac HD > Applications > Final Draft and choose the Final Draft program icon;
- Click Change All so that all Final Draft files will open with Final Draft.