- In Final Draft, if they have not already been numbered, be sure to number your scenes -- Production Scene Numbers Number / Renumber;
- Go to File > Export Script (Mac) or > Export Document (Windows);
- From the Format menu, choose Scheduling Export (.sex);
- Save the file to a convenient location such as the Desktop;
- Open MMS;
- Go to File > New Schedule from Template;
- Choose the default template;
- Go to File > Import;
- Navigate to the .sex file you exported from Final Draft and double-click to import it;
- Go to Schedule > Boneyard;
- Select All with Command + A (Mac) or Control + A (Windows);
- Right-click or Control + click and choose Move to Stripboard;
- Close this empty window and you should see all fields populated.
NOTE that although MMS can import a .fdx file, it cannot read the tag information. The file must be exported out of Final Draft as a .sex file for the tag information to map correctly.