- Go to File > Save As and save the script with a different name, just to be on the safe side;
- If you want any text to appear in the template, leave it. If you want your new template to be blank, delete all the text from it (Command + A on Mac, Control + C on Windows), then press the Delete key;
- If you don't want the script's SmartType lists to be included in the blank template, go to Document > SmartType and click Rebuild for the Character and Location lists. This will quickly clear them;
- Go to File > Save as Template;
- Choose Save to My Templates (recommended) or to another place on your computer;
- Name the template;
- Click OK.
Watch the video!