1. Open the Windows File Explorer by clicking the icon at the bottom of your screen;
2. Go to the View menu and check the box for Hidden Items;
3. In the left-hand panel, double-click This PC;
4. Open Local DIsk C: or Windows C: or C:;
5. Open the Program Data folder;
6. Open the Flexnet folder
7. Delete these files:
8. Go back to the View menu and uncheck the box for Hidden Items.
9. Click the Windows Start button at the lower left of your screen;
10. Type some or all of this word
until the Registry Editor app menu item is displayed...
...and then click it to open the Registry Editor (you may have to click Yes to confirm that you want to open it);
11. In the left-hand panel, expand the
key by clicking the triangle next to it;
12. Expand the key labeled SOFTWARE;13. Expand the FINAL DRAFT key;
14. Expand the FINAL DRAFT 12 (or 11) key;
15. In the right-hand panel, right-click on SuppressWelcomeScreen;
16. Choose Delete and confirm the deletion.
17. In the left-hand panel, right-click on the FINAL DRAFT 12 (or 11) key;
IMPORTANT: All new entries you enter into the Registry are case-sensitive.
18. Choose New > String Value and name it
19. Click away from this new key to commit the name;
20. Right-click and choose Modify;
21. In the Value Data field enter your new Customer Number and click OK;
NOTE: The Customer Number in the illustration above is a sample number and will not work in Final Draft.
22. In the left-hand panel, right-click on the FINAL DRAFT 12 (or 11) key;
23. Choose New > String Value and name it
24. Click away from this new key to commit the name;
25. Right-click and choose Modify;
26. In the Value Data field type the word
27. Click OK.
When Final Draft is launched, the program will be activated with the new Customer Number and will be good for the next lease period.