Vista places a great deal of emphasis on security and when this happens on a Vista computer, it's the operating system preventing Final Draft from saving the file to certain locations. The remedy here is to set Final Draft to run as Administrator.
- Close Final Draft;
- Go to Start > All Programs and right-click once on Final Draft 7;
- Click Properties;
- Click the Shortcut tab on top;
- Click Open File Location;
- Right-click once on Final Draft.exe;
- Click Run as Administrator;
- Click Allow;
- Close all open screens;
- Open Final Draft and try to save as before -- you should not get an error message.
NOTE: All support for Final Draft 7, including software activation, has been discontinued. You may find solutions to problems in the online knowledge base or in the PDF manual found on the installation CD.