Vista places a great deal of emphasis on security and when this happens on a Vista computer, it's the operating system preventing Final Draft from saving the file to certain locations. The remedy here is to set Final Draft to run as Administrator.
- Close Final Draft;
- Go to Start > All Programs and right-click once on Final Draft 7;
- Click Properties;
- Click the Shortcut tab on top;
- Click Open File Location;
- Right-click once on Final Draft.exe;
- Click Run as Administrator;
- Click Allow;
- Close all open screens;
- Open Final Draft and try to save as before -- you should not get an error message.
NOTE: Live support for Final Draft 7 has been discontinued. You will still be able to install, activate and use FD7 on appropriate computers but email, chat and telephone support is no longer available. Live activation assistance will be available via phone (818-789-6281) and email and chat (links on the left side of this page) until June 14, 2017.