Vista places a great deal of emphasis on security and when this happens on a Vista computer, it's the operating system preventing Final Draft from saving the file to certain locations. The remedy here is to set Final Draft to run as Administrator.
- Close Final Draft;
- Go to Start > All Programs and right-click once on Final Draft 7;
- Click Properties;
- Click the Shortcut tab on top;
- Click Open File Location;
- Right-click once on Final Draft.exe;
- Click Run as Administrator;
- Click Allow;
- Close all open screens;
- Open Final Draft and try to save as before -- you should not get an error message.
NOTE: All support for Final Draft 7 and older has been discontinued.