Follow these steps to remove the activation files from your computer:
- Close Final Draft, if it's open;
- Open a Finder window, click Go from the menu bar at the top of your screen and click Computer;
- Open Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences > FLEXnet Publisher > FLEXnet;
(NOTE: If you do not see the FLEXnet Publisher folder or the FLEXnet folder, skip Steps 1-7 and reinstall Final Draft. Instructions are below Step 7.)
- These files should be in the FLEXnet folder:
- Move all three files to the Trash;
- Empty the Trash;
- Open FD10 / 9 and try to activate.
If this doesn't work or the Flexnet folder or the fnldrft files aren't there:
- Download the FD10 installer HERE or the FD9 installer HERE;
- Run the installer, open Final Draft and try to activate again.
If this doesn't work:
- Follow the instructions in this article to thoroughly uninstall FD from the computer: How do I thoroughly uninstall FD10 / 9 from a Mac? Do not reinstall the program yet;
- Reinstall FD10 / 9 and try activating again.