Final Draft 7 is not supported on Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra), 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or 10.7 (Lion), it's too old. If you need to run Final Draft on a computer with one of these operating systems, you will want to upgrade to FD10, which is compatible with 10.12 / 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9.
If you're on OS X 10.6.8 or older:
This issue can usually be resolved by repairing permissions.
- Go to Mac HD / Applications / Utilities / Disk Utility;
- Choose the First Aid tab;
- Select your boot disk. It'll probably be listed as Mac HD;
- Click Verify and Repair Permissions.
- It may take some time to complete and when it's done, restart your computer.
- Go to Mac HD / Users / username / Library / Preferences and if it's there drag com.finaldraft.fd7.plist to the Trash;
- Empty the Trash.
Final Draft should now launch without any problems.
NOTE: All support for Final Draft 7 and older has been discontinued.