When the pages are locked and a page is deleted, its number gets combined with the next page. For example, if the sequence of pages is 1-1A-2 and 1A is deleted, the sequence of pages will be 1, 1A-2.
If you need it to be 1-1A, 2:
- Highlight Page 1-1A;
- Go to Edit > Cut;
- Without moving the blinking cursor, immediately go to Edit > Paste.You will now have 1-1A become 1-2 and 2 will become 2A;
- Place your cursor at the top of Page 2A;
- Go to Production > Locking Tools and select Adjust Current Locked Page;
- Click OK at the warning;
- Choose "2" for the page number;
- Click OK. This will renumber the pages 1-1A, 2.
Note: You may have to refresh the screen to show the change.
NOTE: Final Draft 10 / 9 / 8 paginate production scripts differently from previous versions and will in this situation create pages 1-1A, 2 automatically. For information on upgrading to FD10, click HERE.
NOTE: Live support for Final Draft 7 has been discontinued. You will still be able to install, activate and use FD7 on appropriate computers but email, chat and telephone support is no longer available. Live activation assistance will be available via phone (818-789-6281) and email and chat (links on the left side of this page) until June 14, 2017.