NOTE: Live support for Final Draft 7 has been discontinued. You will still be able to install, activate and use FD7 on appropriate computers but email, chat and telephone support is no longer available. Live activation assistance will be available via phone (818-789-6281) and email and chat (links on the left side of this page) until June 14, 2017.
Note: Due to Vista's focus on security, you may be prompted at certain points to confirm that you want to continue. Whenever you're prompted in this process, click Allow, Yes, OK, Continue or Next.
- Go to Start > Control Panel;
- Choose Uninstall a Program;
- If you're in Classic View, choose Programs and Features;
- Choose Final Draft and click Uninstall;
- Next, go to Start > Control Panel and choose Fonts. If you see the Courier Final Draft fonts (regular, bold and italic), delete them. They should have been uninstalled during Step 1 but if they're still there, delete them now;
- Go to Start > Computer > Local Disk C > Program Files and locate the Final Draft folder. Check to make sure that there are in this folder no scripts or other files you need. If there are, move them elsewhere. Delete the folder.
Next, you will delete the Final Draft registry key:
IMPORTANT: THE SYSTEM REGISTRY IS A CRITICAL AREA. FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY.
- Quit any programs that might be running and go to your Desktop;
- Go to Start > Search;
- Type regedit and click OK;
- Click on the arrow next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER;
- Click on the arrow next to Software;
- Right-click on the Final Draft folder;
- Left-click on Delete;
- Click Yes when prompted to confirm the deletion;
- FD7 only: Repeat this procedure for the third folder down, HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE.
Exit the Registry Editor.
Final Draft is now completely uninstalled from the system.
You can download the current Final Draft 8 installer HERE. The installer for Final Draft 7 is HERE.
NOTE: You may get an Error 1316; this can be ignored.